Home About Mail faq Image Mapper

Journey to the East (of Singapore)

sip* sip* ahhh...what a nice cup of water... Finally I am home, in front of my computer again... From the moment I stepped into the house my mom has been nagging me about going to shower.. *come on.. Give me a break*... How can I rest my mind before I add another post to my blog. Come to think of it, all this can be quite obsessive, so I try to not let blogging disrupt my daily life routine or lifestyle by limiting myself one entry for every few days..

Anyway, today was a rather long day, I woke up "early" at 9:30am (mind you, it's a sunday) so as to get prepared for the concert. The house was already empty by then, my shirt is still chucked in the cabinet, presumably unironed and my pants is no where to be found. What a way to start a day for a concert. If I am a musician, I must have been a really bad and rottern one. So, the next half- hour is spent taking care of these little trivial stuffs. I was going to meet up with weifen and the rest of the section for lunch and now I am really going to be late. At 10am, I was all pugged up, ready to go. Before shutting the door, I ran through all the items in my head again, (it's an old habit whenever I have concert and most of the time somethings just remain lost in my head) jus to be sure. And just as I approach the bus interchange, it hit upon me that I had forgotten to cut my hair. What a blunder it would be to go up the stage with me looking like an over-grown chimp.

The first thing I thought of was BQ house, at the Civic Centre, and I arrived there promptly to find 6 other people waiting restlessly. Something weird was going on though, it appears BQ house has turned EC house... The next one would have to be Sri NaNa, I did an impressive 100m sprint over to Causeway Point, zipzapping through the thick flow of traffic. Nothing could stop me, I thought. Come to think of it, I am actually quite a fast runner. I always manage to outrun many of my classmates, at least for the first 100m of my 2.4km run. And then it came, without warning, the lights turned red.

I must have known Causeway point inside out, caused I have lived here almost a third of my life. Causeway Point is kind of like a second home with a 10pm curfew to me, or like my backyard multiplied by a hundred times and Sri NaNa would have to be my personal barber. My first instinct was that it can only be on the 5th floor, just beside the food court. I climbed the escalator all the way up to find that I was wrong, its on the 4th, never mind, the guess was close enough. And minutes later the second shock of my life came, it was call Sri NaDa and not Sri NaNa. One of these days I have to take a copy of the directory to revise again. Ok, whatever... I handed my 12 bucks to this huge guy and ended up with a less than satisfied hair-cut. I wonder why I never get satisfied, but at least it looks neat enough. While cutting, the guy kept talking to his mate, who was handling another person. I think he spent half the time turning his head right and left talking away rather than focusing on my head. He spoke in Malay (cause he is one) and I don't have the slightest idea what he is chitchatting so happily about. Now I know where all those accidental holes in my friends' head come from. This was one of the most nerve-racking experience I ever have in my life.

After almost an hour of bus ride to tampines, I managed to reach there at 12pm. And weifen, li chang, huilin and sansan were already there, at the coffeeshop, with all the empty plates and some leftover scraps. I gobbled my lunch in 5 min. We then leave for ICA.

I can't believe I made it on time.

If something anticipated arrives too late it finds us numb, wrung out from waiting and we feel nothing at all. The best things arrive on time.
~Dorothy Gilman Quotes

0 returned: