Home About Mail faq Image Mapper

Rotten cabbage...

Haha, another week has come and gone, time really flies. The past week has been really terrible and rather tiring. Its like running a 10km run where you would have to make short burst of sprints. This is just like my life, short bursts of sprints.

The past week has not really been a fulfilling week, in terms of handing up the work on time. Nevertheless, learning still takes place, and I am grateful to the teachers for that. Just a few days ago, a talk has given specifically to the J twos, right after school displacing our CCA by nearly 2 hours. At that point of time I was really wondering what could be more important than my CCA? Band! Come on, afterall Music Is Life. Also we had planned for the practice for the new batch of members since last week. So this emergency meeting is really spoiling our plans. Still, I decided to go for the talk and I am glad that I did just so. Our band president who missed it, really doesn't know what he is really missing out. I won't really call it a dressing-down or anything, but just a gentle reminder. Mr Ng said in a serious note,"You are here to study here, in JJ. Always remember that you are first a student then a CCA leader." Although I didn't show much, but deep down, this little phrase managed to stir up something in me. I felt really uncomfortable. Suddenly, I want to do well in my studies too, like some others. I left the hall, feeling really relieve, relieve that I had gone for this talk and got something out of it. I have also made an abrupt decision not to join the Phil Youth anymore...

I have to admit that everytime I missed one or two assignments I tended to push the blame to me being so filled with commitments..no time.. blab.. blab.. blab... And I felt really guilty afterwards. True, I have lots of other stuffs, chingay training, SWE, school band rehearsals. However, come to think of it, have I really tried hard enough? Or am I using these other commitments as a smokescreen for not doing work? I think at this point of time, there is no point making meaningless promises to myself or feel sad or anything... I will work hard and only time will bear the fruits of my efforts... Lets Strive Together!!

Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Something to do is not doing.
~ Thomas A. Edison

0 returned: