Home About Mail faq Image Mapper

mental thicket for all

I have been thinking of something to blog on, maybe something about our psychology. Then I thought of a thicket. As I search the internet for some definitions of what a thicket is, it was surprisingly appropriate. It is define by many as a great form of shelter for the small insects, birds or animals due to individual shrubs interlocking to form a impenetrable wall or some sort.

Today's world is full of expectations and stress. Some of these can be resulted due to external influences, while others would experience it as a form of struggle within themselves. However, with the right methods and also some understanding, one would gradually be able to overcome these demands and stress and turn them into motivating factors in your lives. Recently, I heard an account by my friend, whose sister was admitted into the hospital due to nervous breakdown or maybe depression, but she is already being treated and is showing improvement.

I think we all have this responsibility to understand ourselves better and also to ensure that our mental is functional and healthy. No, I do not have any mental history and am living healthily now, waiting to further my studies. This little post just come across as an interesting exploration and the rediscovering of the human mind, or rather, my psychology.

When one is in danger or difficulty and has no where to run to no safety net to fall on, they usually breakdown as they are unable to handle the pressure. Like a balloon, it cannot be inflated indefinitely. At some point, even the strongest balloon would bound to burst, the only difference would be that it would have a higher threshold. However, it does not mean it would not burst, just like us. So the question is when? Especially those living in the urban setting, if your outlook of life isn't great, day to day activities like going to work, or to the mart to buy something can be a torture. There are people who would just explode in the car while waiting for the jam on the expressway to clear. It may seem absurd but I definitely wouldn't want to be in these situations.

So this mental thicket would be where I would turn to, to find answers, if there is any, or find peace, or just to rant on something. I think it is very important to have a listening ear when you need it. You never know what will happen, the unpredictability of the future. So now, while we are thinking straight, lets equip ourselves with some skills to live a better future.

So I would actually be sourcing the internet for articles and stuffs that might be of use to me and maybe even you..

0 returned: