Home About Mail faq Image Mapper

Happy Birthday to Gabriel!

Wah lao.. another friend 21st birthday. "What to buy for him? What to wear there?" were my immediate thoughts as I finish reading the sms that my friend send me. Pardon me for sounding so unenthusiastic, but i am really suffering from what neurologist call it, birthday fatigue.. This is exactly what happens when young Singaporeans become too affluent and start celebrating their 21st birthdays. haha! ok, despite all that, I gave a positive reply.

From the moment I receive his message to the day itself was really rushed. I had many things to do, stuff to finish (you know .. young people stuff..) and of all time, gabriel chose this time to celebrate his birthday. (ok. maybe he did not really choose it, his mom and dad did.) Anyway, I could not think of anything to get for him. He is a fortunate guy, pretty much have everything. And soon... I actually manage to forget about his big day! wow.. I could really surprise myself sometimes.. but of course, as always, I manage to come out with something at the eleventh hour. Although his birthday is over, I think its best not to disclose what the present is.. really inexpensive stuff..

Anyway, in the many messages that were sent from him to me and then back from me to him, one of it was him asking me to be his photographer for the evening, the rest are simply me asking for directions. And so he said, ads: "looking for a job? desperate? got a camera? Call me now! no pay, food (dinner) provided only, bring your own chairs. Air-con environment, with lots of girls." ok, maybe he did not really say that.. just joking. What can I say? I just accepted, but reminded him to have his backup camera team ready, just in case, which he had.. I had to fight with 4 or 5 paparazzi team to get a shot.. oh well..

Its nice on the day, to see familiar faces again.. dating from, just only to not so long ago, not long ago, long ago, very long ago, donkey years ago, once upon a time, to.. you are? And so I took some food and sat down to eat, I had a early lunch, so I am already trembling with hunger. After which, I wrote a card for well wishing, burst a balloon while blowing and talking to my friend, and then got down to business..

I took out my camera for gabriel to take a few shots.. He walked around the room, fiddling with the it, and then he came back and asked me on a error that appeared. I restarted the camera and to my greatest horror, a message came up on the screen, "Battery is flat, please recharge!" haha.. I really thought I charge it just now, never mind, I have my charger.. so no worries.

And so the night progresses with everyone waiting for the cake cutting ceremony and gabriel running all around the place.. I had to force him to stop to take some pictures.. then came the puppies from out of nowhere. For the next hour or so, all attention was on the four little puppies, really cute. understandable, compare gabriel and puppy.. haha, just joking.

make avatar
puppies together!

And then the long awaited cake cutting ceremony is here, which would almost always signal the ending of a party. Here are some photos:

praying really hard to be with his one true love..

make avatar
Gabriel blowing out his candles
"Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu, mini"

And finally, the cake is served. After which, its gift unwrapping and photo taking session. A while more, and everyone would go their separate ways again.. its not easy to get most of your friends together these days.. The party was quite successful and really hope everyone had fun!

To view more photos from Gabriel's birthday party, click here. Thanks.


Neokx
official photographer

just kidding..



here is birthday boy and me.

gabriel(tip-toeing) and me(sitting down)


0 returned: