This is what I look at in front of me everyday. My seat is on the left in the starting scene. Right in front would be the CEO's office, although half the time its empty, due to overseas trips and other meetings.
A study has been done through less than legal means by secretly tracking people to find out their location. The university was able to know people's location when they either make or receive a call or a message. Although this breeches certain privacy rights, the the findings can be rather astonishing. They found out that for 6 months, people traveled only within 32 km. I don't know, is this suppose to mean something?
Maybe it gives us insight to what people do everyday, wake up travel to work, return for dinner, and repeat the cycle. However, thinking of it, isn't it like living in Singapore? Singapore only has a width and length of just 41.8 km ENE–WSW and 22.5 km SSE–NNW. Although, for other countries, this might be big news, for Singapore, most travel even smaller than the perimeter of 32 km. However, this does not make us any lesser than any country or anyone.
Studying of social trends and behaviors would include more factors influencing each other. Thus, when reading such reports, I take it with a pinch of salt.
Anyway, I am probably also one of the people, who live a zombie life, waking up to a routine. However, if you have a goal, a purpose, a direction, it would fill your life with colors. Can you imagine staring at the video above for nine hours everyday? I don't think anybody can take it.
Where are you looking?
Labels:
around me
- Tuesday, June 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 returned:
Post a Comment