Home About Mail faq Image Mapper

Being Young- much to learn

My job has allowed to me to meet each and everyone of the entire company's employees. That easily amount to several hundreds of people. It can be quite a hassle going to them one at a time to collect some data. The way I see things, I have to do it fast, efficient. However, sometimes no matter how many angles or times you see things, you will still miss something.

After working my way through the entire company, I realised the fact that I have the youngest mind there. At first I was always trying do things in a more or less straight forward manner, and lament the fact that my superior is always making me do double jobs and also in a round about manner. What I fail to see or rather anticipate is problems that she has been dealing with throughout her time there.

With other factors coming in, the simple task of collecting data would seem to be a daunting task. Not only I have to be collecting but I will have to check the accuracy of current information. People are also leaving and also entering the company, so I would have to be able to keep track of all that. There is also the problem of office politics and also sensitivity issue when dealing with people.

After commencing the current project for about close to a week, I realise that it would not be an easy task after all, data changes at a surprising fast rate, and I would have to be able to effect the changes in the system. And there would be no other safety net or plan B, as I am the one and only person doing it. So if I made a mistake, most likely it would be there for a long time to come.

So, from this job, I have actually learnt to be more consistent with my own naming convention and also in organization things. Also, in every organization, we are always dealing with people, the human factors cannot be ignored. These are things which I have come to take for granted but only through this process that actually allow me deal with these issues first hand. I am glad I learnt something here.

0 returned: