Home About Mail faq Image Mapper

Cut from which world?

It has been quite some time since my internet access was interrupted due to bills not being paid on time. The amount of money chalked up from using internet every month quite be surprisingly daunting. It seems that the way it should be is to pay up your bills obediently everyone, or you risk feeling reluctant to part with your money by paying one lump sum at one go.

Anyway, today I visited my site again, and was pleasantly delighted to see that the number of subscribers have somehow managed to maintained at 11. This is totally weird. Having experienced periods where I totally stopped blogging for a length of time, I find it illogical that there are still people subscribed to a blog which has not really been updated at all and for about ten days already. You can read about what I have talk about here in the last post. So looking at this phenomenon is truly encouraging. However, even as I am writing this, my internet is not going to be come back soon. I am simply using the station at my workplace now.

What I want to talk about is not about having internet access, but rather, the opposite. I want to talk about is, not having the internet, it seems that losing something in this case is not always totally a bad thing to happen. Having been without internet seems to allow me to be more aware of things around me. Before, I am very connected to the world through the internet, but tend to not take note of things happening around me.

There are many interesting news and things to read about on the internet. However I have not taken any action or whatsoever that any of these things that I read on the internet would have much impact on my life. Sometimes I tend to look too far away for something to learn when I totally miss the lessons right under my nose in my life. Again and again I have talked about this, which is balance and not over usage.

Now, I conciously monitor my own usage of the computer and internet access. Up to a point, just top and do something else, read a book, call your friend to chat, or simply stop and close your eyes for a moment. Think twice about devoting too much of your time in front of the computer. You don't want to be cut from the wrong world..

0 returned: