After using blogger for so long, I am now tempted to join many others to jump on the band wagon and hop on to use Wordpress. There is so much more features which I think are more useful and appropriate when you would like to build a community on your site.
One thing I like about Wordpress is its layout and also its commenting system. Unlike Blogger which has its comments on a separate page, Wordpress has it below the post. Its seems that it is more fine tuned to have a more engaging site and not a static one.
Another thing I like is its About Page. Basically, this is something like Blogger's profile page, but unlike it, you can fully customise what you want to write in it, and change freely the layout. This feature also does not limit the number of pages that you create. In Blogger, everything is more or less fixed, and has no variety, everyone is using it. Anyway, there are also some blogs that I do not want to display to the public yet, but I can't hide it.
So, I tried out Wordpress, just for a brief moment. Then I realise that there is actually two separate Wordpress, Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org . Fundamentally, both of them are the same, just that the former, you are being restricted and have to pay to use additional feature like changing your template. Whereas for the latter, you have to use your own web host, and you can edit and make any changes that you want, its opensource. I find wordpress.com really restrictive, and then if I use the other one, I would have to sit down and find time to sort all the things out. I guess I'm just pretty much lazy since Blogger works really fine now, so no need to change yet. Maybe in future..
So what I did was to compensate for the features in Blogger that I liked from Wordpress. This time round its creating an about page. So basically, since, blogger does not allow create pages but only post pages only, the way to go for me is simply to sign up for a new blog. Since this is really free, you can sign up for as many as you want. So for example like you have dance.blogspot.com, you can sign up for about-dance.blogspot.com or something.
Yea, and after browsing the net for some nice templates to use, I found one. So this is my new "About Page". Byebye, blogger profile page.
Take a look, and maybe give me your comments?
Here's it:
About Page
Creating an about page
Labels:
technology
- Wednesday, May 7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 returned:
Post a Comment