Home About Mail faq Image Mapper

Not just clicking anymore.

Just a few days ago, I was speaking to my cousin and he actually sharing about his photographic experience, cause he has been in the industry for quite a number of years already. I know he might not be happy to read this, but he is about a decade older than me.. haha.. Maybe I should call him uncle, but he always kept a refreshing sporty look so really take my hats off to him..

Anyway, we were just talking on one point which is just how great and flexible adobe photoshop is and yes, it is very true.. However, if you started shooting semi-professional or professional level or just as a hobby, it is still simply impossible and impractical to spend hours on end editing hundreds of photos after a shooting frenzy, cropping, recomposing, rotating, adjusting levels, light balance. So how to prevent all this? The answer is simple, accomplish all this when you are in the first stage, that is when you are holding your camera and clicking away.

On the market and around the world, there is actually a lot of people who like me are just looking at a really wonderful scenery and straight away look into the little hole and start clicking away mindlessly. Instead, I think we should really think more about how to compose and angle the picture.. Looking with an imagined frame to help visualise how it would look in the camera..

Thus, on this note, I actually browse online and also a few magazines and compiled a few points.

Its really not very nice if I just copied and paste the entire articles here, so I am going to be very brief. This post would serve as a summary and also reminder for myself only. If it is inadequent in any case for anyone, please do google on the subject and with visual aids, you will be able to learn more efficiently and understand faster. Sometimes the picture itself are really just self- explanatory. They are all sourced from sites on the internet.

Design Concepts

  • Line
  • Shape
  • Form
  • Texture
  • Contrast

Rules of composition





  • Rule of Thirds









  • Golden Section Rule









  • Symmetry










  • Visual Cropping











  • Horizon Line











  • Diagonal Rule










  • Repeat of Elements












  • Framing














  • Vanishing Points










  • Angle of View









  • Perspective









  • Balance











  • S- Curves

0 returned: