Home About Mail faq Image Mapper

A moment paused, in silent and respect.

I was at home at the moment.. when my mom called to inform me of my grandfather's passing.

He had been struggling with the sick demon for quite some time, and sometimes when he gets a little better, he falls sick again. We knew in our heart that a journey is coming to an end for a man.

My grandpa often showered his love for us when we were little. At that time, my family stayed really near my grandparents, in the same block. Often, we would go downstairs and visit them. It was when we moved, that my relationship with my grandparents started to pale.. Not just language barrier but the daily life routine seems to tire me out.. these were my major obstacles and I have not overcome them. Still, on the occasion visit, there is still connection and i can feel his love and concern for me. However, by each visit, I can also feel his heart waning..

I am proud of my grandpa in how he had lived his life and how he had showed his concern for his children in his own ways. He and my grandma had always been together and they were such genuinely peaceful folks. No matter how weak they already are, they never failed to ask us how we are doing and show us their concern.. He in fact, looked a little like Gandalf, not just in appearance, but also his spirit.

My grandpa would always be remembered and cherished in my heart.. I will be praying for him..

3 returned:



Jon said...

Sweet sentiments, thoughtfully written.

uphillelm said...

Hi, thank you for your kind comments and also for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

I have the deepest gratitude towards him. Regards.