Home About Mail faq Image Mapper

Shh.... Its her birthday today...

After a long day at school, i was finally released and allowed to leave the school premises. I had already checked my wallet what seem like a hundred times. It stared back blankly at me. It had a single two dollar note there, all crumpled up. Certainly this would not be enough even to buy myself a satisfying dinner, but I have better things to buy with this two dollars. I need to get a cake.

Today is my mom's birthday, I had promised myself 2 days ago to put extra cash in my bag, but I broke it. In an hour, I can make so many promises to myself and within the same time break all of them. If I would to make these promises to someone other than me, I would have been a really sore loser in the human race. But no, of course I always live up to them, although feeling of regret seem to follow every decision I make. Anyway, back to the cake, I needed money.. blah blah blah..and borrowed from a friend.

At causeway point, there were two confectionery facing each other. Without any thought, I went to breaktalk. There was a number of cakes on display, some 18+ others 30 bucks for a kilo. My instinct was to get the bigger one, so I guess I would have to get the 30 bucks cake. Coffee, green tea, strawberry, chocolate, etc. But still no decision. At least there is no mango... In the hand after getting the cake, which looks like a snow castle like a box for a hat, cylindrical- like, with impenetrable walls.

By the time I got closer to home, it was already almost half past eight. The entire process of getting a really simple cake seems like a treacherous journey. When I got home, to my dismay, my mom was there, enjoying her shows on the television. I left the cake at the door, then sneak off back to my room. Then I get my clothes for showering, but first I have to get the cake. I returned to the door, and covered my clothes all over the box, keeping it well hidden from everyone, until the right moment. Just as the show reaches a climax, I reach for the cake and head off towards the fridge. I made it. Success, I made it! Right in front of their eye and they missed it. hmmm... The taste of victory...

the birthday season is finally over....

0 returned: