Home About Mail faq Image Mapper

Mr Nestor Torres

updates: Nestor Torres concert: A night of Jazz
(not sure why its call "a" night although it last three") - 15, 16, 17 April 2005

ok... wow.. I am seriously lost for words, Mr Nestor Torres is actually coming to singapore to have a concert here and the best thing is that we will would be playing with him for one of the three nights, on the 16th. For the benefits for those who are still unsure of who this man is, you can check him out at flute rocks dotted com-panies and of course the next best happenings would be to have him conduct a masterclass for us.. which he IS conducting one. And also I think I will get to leave early for my school band's rehearsal to attend it. So this is really the best of both worlds. Ok, I jus lied, I love JJ Band. Anyway, just to remind myself again, black shoes, pant, shirt, socks, and a tie.

Ok, after our practice on wednesday, the event organiser (I forgot his name, but he has a really nice ponytail) told us about more about Mr Torres and how he as a member of USA- SGI has tired so hard and really sincerely to spread the idea of peace and also something about putting your entire heart to accomplishing something. From what the organiser said, Mr Torres's music is really played right from his heart and although he don't dance, his butt just started shaking with the infectious music. All was not always well for him though, he had an accident about a decade ago, which see him with one lung collapsed and some tens of ribs broken and also his wife left him at this crucial period. His home was also on the brink of being repossessed and his professional music career coming to an end. However, he still succeeded against all odds. I would really look forward to meeting this great gentleman this weekend, both kindhearted and sensitive. Mr Nestor Torres, a man of great faith.

This past month has been so enriching, with so many concerts and music events that's happening. Firstly, there is the James Galway masterclass, Barry Tuckwell masterclass (although I can't really hear him speak), the canadian brass (which was absolutely fabulous), the philwinds concert and then there is the "swing girls" eyecandy. I don't really know how much I have grown over the years, but certainly, I do hope it is what I really deserved. Probably its due to me being afraid of the effect of 100% effort does not equate to 100% result that I have always had this little itsy bitsy bits of reservations when doing some stuffs. Maybe this would be the downfall of me in future. I guess I would have to overcome this obstacle of me soon.

Anyway, I finally got round to practising the music theory before sitting for the exam itself. I guess this would be a little progress and also a small step towards my goal. SYF is just round the corner, our aim would of course be gold this year. We have to prove our principal that JJ arts CMI (can make it) and to finally start splurging his money on us, and also stop buying more stone chairs and tables. Yes! We CAN!

JJ please stop discriminating the tall guys, please have pity and just let them have the higher elevated water-coolers.

Oh, yar and today is my birthday.. almost fogot all about it... ok Happy Birthday I guess...O_o Can't imagine my mom in extreme pain this very day 18 years ago. HEy hey!! I am 18!! Maybe I should go around smashing stuffs up telling the world I am halfway to adulthood. Just what are the eighteen yearers thinking these days...

On wednesday, I spent a total of 2 hours and 30 min travelling round the entire of Singapore, from woodlands to boonlay and to tampines and again back to woodlands.

0 returned: