Yet another year has passed, as the day to ORD grew nearer and nearer. It is also at this point of time that decisions must be made that people start to re-evaluate themselves and what the future could hold for them. Sometimes I tend compare alot with my many other peers as to their headings after national service. Most of them would give me a definitive answer in one way or other. Many would already have given their next phase in their journey some serious thoughts.
For me, in front of me lays many different paths.. The thing is choosing the best of them.. and which is it? I think no one really knows.. From a dialouge just now, I learnt that in life there are many uncertainties and also that when problems and troubles start to stack up or that the path is hazy, it is of utmost important to just go back to fundamentals, to one's faith. That is to chant. And then to jump back into the sea of fire to overcome it.
Through the past year, NS life ups and downs.. it seems like we have come a long way together and the thought of leaving this comfortable and familiar communal life and also the comrades to adventure in the unknown waters is unbearably painful. Its like those scene in Lord of the Rings "Grey Havens" where everyone must carry on with lives and push on and they know that their friends would be rooting for them in wherever they may be. Its always comforting to think this way, especially in dire situations. Never underestimate this power.
And so I too have reached this point and must decide what to write in my resume.. in a way.. March forward straight down this brick road with lampposts lighting its path or to venture westward through a thick forest where a little whinny path lies to which an unknown destination lies. I know that I am totally unprepared for the latter but my heart points there. The logical brain is telling me otherwise.. what to do..
These weeks I have been practising wholeheartedly orchestra pieces.. on my own of course.. no sane orchestra would take a player like me. So what I do is that I would full blast music on my speakers and play along. In a way, I am actually playing with top orchestra across the globe.. haha. The only sacrifice is my neighbours and also my families with all those high pitched screeches that composers love, but I guess that can't be helped.. too bad. haha. So on the list now is symphony no. 6 "Pathetique" by Tchaikovsky and another one, Capriccio Espagnol Op. 34 by Rimsky-Korsakov, and also other stuffs.. bach sonatas and mozart concerto in C, Faure's fantasie etc..
Its been so long seem I written like this.. I don't know, I just sat down and started typing away... Partly I was sort of triggered on due to a collaboration in setup of a blog betwwen friends from the army, the anchorage team. Anyway, this is the website http://www.anchoragex.blogspot.com
Oh yar and also Happy New Year 2008 to whoever that is reading this little blog.. haha!
after thoughts..
Labels:
personal rants,
thoughts
- Saturday, January 19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 returned:
Post a Comment