Home About Mail faq Image Mapper

Things are not always as they seem

Things are always not or not always as they seem... and so many times have I witnessed this... in fact a number of them came in the form of small shocks instead of through the gradual process of getting to know them better. I thought I had known her and that what I was seeing in front was what it appears to be. To me, a straight line means a line straight and nothing else. But this is not always the case in real life. Haha.. this sounds so (act) philosophical. Ok, never mind that. Crap.

From primary school to secondary school and then to Jurnior college now, I have not known really alot of people, but I have seen enough people to conclude that, ok, this world is filled with so many weird beings.. Of course, me included.. but hey! this is my blog... so yes... anyone that you thought you always knew so well can seem so unfamiliar, strange and foreign to you. Some appears so cheerful but actually struggled so hard just to keep the smile on. Just like one of my friend who gave a testimonial a few years back.. As a person, she was cheerful, optimistic, basically a very nice person. I was not really close with her, but only chatted with her on a few occasions. The impression was, this girl is positive, does not seem to have much hurdles to climb, carefree and also that she is very healthy. How terribly wrong I was...

In the testimonial, the young lady spoke of a illness that she already has since young. I had really no idea about it. If I can remember, it would have to be something related to blood. Anyway, this particular illness just does not leave much evidence physically on the
surface of her . But, behind this chirpy face, lies this determined girl, fighting this war, everyday, just be alive the next day. That day, she just cried while saying the testimonial. she just broke down... I guess the whole affair was having too much pressure on her...

This just goes to show how things can differ so much from what they really are. Many of times, for the pure fun of it, many people say crude stuffs to people, not knowing that they have hurt him or her. It may be just another passing remark, but in truth it would have left a deep cut deep in the person's heart, unconciously. The person may or may not admit that he is being treated this way, but either way, it would have affected him. Its funny how people derive their happiness from others' sufferings... I think if I were to record all the things that these people are saying and to play them back.. who knows..

0 returned: